ZTERM for Windows CE
Version 2.1, build 33a - Release Notes
Updated December 16, 2002
Specifically Changed in this Build
- Corrected a crash that occured when scrollback was used
- Fixed scrollback on the ANSI and VT100 emulators to scroll
all lines - previously, the bottom line wasn't scrolled
- Corrected problem saving ZTERM settings on some embedded
Windows CE devices.
- Added the TTYNS terminal emulator. Like the TTY emulator,
TTYNS is a completely dumb emulator that does as little processing
as possible but the TTYNS version goes even futher by not scrolling
the screen and updating the characters on the screen much less
frequently than normal. This emulator was designed for logging
data purposes - a client was attempting to log data from a Socket
four port serial card and would loose data when all four ports
were active at the same time; in this case, scrolling of the
display was the worst offender when it came to taking up CPU
cycles - this emulator and reducing the emulator row count to
ten lines allowed the device to log from all four ports.
- Internal release - not published.
- Corrected problem with telnet port getting reset to 23.
- Fixed a small buffering problem on the top status line of
- Added mouse tracking support to the VT100 and ANSI emulators.
This is compatible with the x-term implementation. See the on-line
help for information.
- Corrected a printer passthrough problem with VT100 and ANSI
- You can now use the keyboard to perform copy and paste functions.
To copy, press Shift+Ctrl+C and for paste, Ctrl+Shift+V.
- The printer disable option has now been moved to the printer
tab and we've changed it's meaning. It's now possible to disable
printer-passthrough mode and/or the print screen function.
- ZTERM now supports variable row counts for all the emulators.
As a result, the VT10024 and ANSI24 emulators have gone away
- if you launch a profile with one of these emulators, ZTERM
will switch it to the regular emulator and setup the row count
correctly. The row count is on the Terminal Emulator tab in Configuration.
- Copy/Paste between ZTERM and other Windows CE programs now
works correctly. Previously, Copy and Paste only worked between
- Added Log to Clipboard function (has been present in the
desktop version of ZTERM for a long time).
- More ANSI and VT100 compatability issues addressed.
- Corrected dialing via modem problem on Windows CE 3.0 devices.
- Corrected the ANSI and VT100 emulators to pass through escape
sequences correctly when printing.